Thursday, August 25, 2011

I make Alt wedding things

I recently started taking custom orders for my customers. I am in the middle of making my first what I consider a large order for my friends wedding that is on 9-10-11 (awesome date right?) The order is for 5 brides-maid necklaces, 5 pairs of earrings, and 6 pairs of cuff links for the groom and grooms-men. 


Tonight I finished making the cuff links. Now they just need to set for atleast 72 hours to make sure they set correctly. I hope that this will bring me more business. Steampunk themed weddings seem to be on the rise, and so far I have enjoyed this project. I am looking forward to delivering everything once its finished. 

My friend Steph has been behind me from the beginning, and has pushed me to keep making things. So, as you can imagine it's a huge honor to me that she had me design and make the accessories for the brides-maids and grooms-men. Honestly they're not even really steampunk. However, they really appreciate the uniqueness of the style.... I actually think they have slowly been getting into it as they have seen my business grow and have come to several events to support me.

Here's some examples of my cuff links. I sell them at what I consider to be a fair price on my etsy store page. I do use AUTHENTIC NOS watch movements, gears, and typewriter keys. Sometimes I make things with wings or skulls to mix things up:)
www.mizzmechanique.etsy.com






No comments:

Post a Comment